<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

EU wants to outlaw Polack jokes



I have to wonder at what point the people of Europe will say no more with the ever growing an invasive regulations coming from Brussels. Declan McCullagh has a nice post over at CNET on how "Europe (still) doesn't get it.". His post starts with a new treaty on cybercrime from the Council of Eruope and goes from there into a general rip on European tendancy to over regulate. Some would say that I'm just a typical ingnorant American to say that the EU over regulates their economies. I would then say, "Score board, score board, score board!".

But that's not what I want to post on. I'm saying now that I find the idea of someone whatching my email looking for something that might insult someone infuriating. There is no arguement that can be presented to me that would for a flick of a second not think this is completely unconstitutional. It's an out and out voilation of the right to free speech.

This is one more illistration of the difference inherent between a society where the constitution lists what government can do vs. one where it lists what governement can't.
Comments:
Ok. Mr. Irritated. My post was about the free speach thingy. Also regardless of his George Will swill Europe is over taxed.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?