<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

People need a Definition Check



In the past few weeks I have had things said like, "It's not bragging if you can back it up" and "I'm not being cocky if I'm right.". I have ripped into both parties that said these two false statements. The first appearently can be atributed to Kid Rock - now there's someone to quote - but the second was home made by an otherwise average person. Where is this attitude coming from? Perhaps it's the depth to which the thugishness of hip hop has penitrated mainstream culture. Perhaps something else but either way I'm here to say No. Whether or not you are a braggart has nothing to do with what you can or cannot accomplish. Nor does being cocky have anything to do with having the correct information. It all has to do with humility. You can climb Mt Everest and brag about it. You can get 15 out of 15 in trivia and be a cock in the process. Both people that said those lines to me got a speech on humility. I hope everyone who reads this will do their part to snuff out this distructive "I can be a shit as long as I'm right" attitued as well when they are confronted by it.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?