<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 22, 2003

The land of Saab's birth downs the €uro



Interesting read on the no vote in Sweden from Andrew Stuttaford. Now I don't have a whole lot to say on it. I believe that each nation should have the right to chose. I don't think they are being blindly nationalistic by saying no or spineless idiots for saying yes. Unlike Mr. Stuttaford (and most of NRO) I don't have a problem with the idea of the EU, however the no voted happened because of what was hinted at. It's not the EU or in football terms is not the play calling... it's the execution that's the problem. The €uro is not bad but they way they are handling it is shaky. If their shaky economies start to really tank and they have to lower interest rates the dollar would be so strong to save money I'd have to do my shopping in Paris. One thing I can't stand though is the arguments coming from some quarters that the Swedes are bad for thinking their system is better than what the EU is offering and that is akin to the nationalism that lead Europe into one bloody war after another. Urg... no it's not.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?